As with any surgery, the recovery period for a Brazilian Butt Lift is an important time for your healing to ensure the final results meet your expectations.
A Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) takes fat from other areas of the body (often the stomach, hips, and thighs) and transfers it to the buttocks. After the surgery, not only will the buttocks area be sore, but the areas from which the fat was taken may also be sore. Typically, the pain will be minimal, will lessen quickly, and will be easily managed with medication.
The more challenging aspect of recovery is the restrictions placed on using the buttocks area. Sitting, sleeping, and walking must all be modified in order to allow the buttocks to heal.
We offer these Brazilian Butt Lift recovery tips to help you better anticipate what you can expect following your cosmetic procedure:
- Most patients will be up and walking within 1-2 days after the procedure. You may resume light activities within 1 week after surgery.
- You will not be allowed to sit or lie directly on your buttocks for at least 8 weeks after surgery. You will need to sleep on your stomach or side.
- You will be given a compression garment to treat the areas where the liposuction was performed. You will need to wear this garment for at least 8 weeks after surgery.
- Most patients will be allowed to resume all normal activities 8 weeks after surgery.
- Even after the first 8 weeks of recovery, patients should still avoid sitting for prolonged periods of time and should use a cushion when sitting.
- Be patient. After surgery, you’ll see a lot of bruising and swelling. It could take as long as 6 months before your body will reveal the final result. That’s all part of the healing process.
It’s also helpful to keep in mind some important Do’s and Don’ts following your BBL procedure.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions faithfully, including obeying restrictions on sitting and lying on your buttocks, and take all prescribed medications.
- Walk and stretch your legs gently. This will ensure proper circulation and help prevent blood clots following surgery.
- Wear your compression garment at all times except during showering.
- Sit or lie on your buttocks up to 8 weeks following surgery (confirm specific requirements with your doctor).
- Put any stress on the area of the buttocks that received fat transplants; this includes sitting or lying on the area or engaging in any strenuous activity (for up to 8 weeks after surgery, to be confirmed with your doctor).
Schedule Your Consultation for a Brazilian Butt Lift Today
Whether it’s due to aging, weight loss, heredity, or other reasons, sagging tissue on the buttocks can be a cause of self-consciousness for many women. A Brazilian Butt Lift is a great option for many patients who want to improve the appearance of the buttocks without implants.
Patients should also be fully educated on what to expect during the BBL recovery period. Our board certified cosmetic surgeons and the rest of our team can answer any questions you may have about recovering from a BBL and help you achieve the look you want.
Call our offices today at 615-861-8174 to book a consultation and find out more about how a Brazilian Butt Lift can help you accomplish your goals.